Monday, October 9, 2017

A NAS A WEEK - 18 MUHARRAM 1439

Hudhaifa ibn Al-Yaman reported: The people used to ask the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, about good, but I would ask about evil for fear it would overtake me. I said, “O Messenger of Allah, we were in ignorance and evil and Allah sent us this good. Will there be evil after this good?” The Prophet said, “Yes.” I said, “Will there be good after that evil?” The Prophet said, “Yes, but within it is smoke.” I said, “What is its smoke?” The Prophet said, “A people who are not guided by my guidance. You will recognize them and reject them.” I said, “Will there be evil after that good?” The Prophet said, “Yes, callers to the gates of Hellfire. Whoever answers them will taste it from within.” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, describe them to us.” The Prophet said, “They are from our progeny and speak our language.” I said, “What do you command me should that overtake me?” The Prophet said, “Hold fast to the community of Muslims and their leader.” I said, “What if there is no community and no leader?” The Prophet said, “Then withdraw from all of the sects, even if you must bite at the root of trees until death overtakes you in that state.” [Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3411, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1847; Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

No comments: